Posted by Administrator on 3/12/2014 to
We offer many different acne products here at Fresco Beauty. Understanding the difference in ingredients and choosing the correct acne products for your skin is the first step to getting clear and staying clear. Let's take a look at some of the most popular and effective topical acne-fighters that are available without a prescription:
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Salicylic Acid (A Beta Hydroxy Acid or BHA)
- Glycolic Acid ( An Alpha Hydroxy Acid or AHA)
- Green Tea ( A bit new to the acne scene, but highly effective)
Additional helpful ingredients include enzymes, plant extracts or botanicals, and essential oils such as the following:
- Pumpkin Enzymes
- Papaya Enzymes
- Tea Tree
- Salicylic, Glycolic, and Pumpkin Enzyme unclog pores to help clear existing acne and prevent new breakouts.
- Benzoyl Peroxide and Glycolic kill acne-causing bacteria.
- Green Tea, Plant Extracts and Botanicals lessen acne redness and calm and soothe irritated skin.
- Glycolic helps to minimize a shiny, oily appearance.
- Glycolic, Salicylic, Benzoyl Peroxide and Green Tea lessen the appearance of enlarged pores, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Sulfur helps decrease inflammation and redness
- Retinol smooths skin texture, decreases the frequency of acne breakouts and helps fade uneven pigmentation and acne marks.
- If you are allergic to aspirin or aspirin compounds, do not use products containing salicylic acid.
- Do not use Benzoyl Peroxide if you are allergic to it.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use any of the above ingredients. (The exception is our Green Tea Serum, which is safe. Also see our Pregnancy Education pages)
May we suggest the following core products....
- Our Acne Control System Kit contains the following:
- Salicylic Face & Body Wash
- Glycolic Gel 10%
- Green Tea Serum
- Acne Spot Treatment
Using the following Add-On Products are also very helpful: